Texton Property Fund Limited. JSE: TEX

Textron shares

Background of Texton

  • Texton Property Fund is a Real Estate Investment Trust with a portfolio of direct and indirect holdings in properties within the commercial sector of South Africa and the United Kingdom. The fund’s history stems back to 2006, and Texton shares were first listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) in 2011.

  • The group aims to buy into well-priced, income generating and quality enhancing properties, with asset management functions outsourced to Texton Property Investments. Properties are also put up for sale at a profit. Texton’s portfolio comprises 57 properties with a total value of around R6 billion and total GLA of 435 407 m². The portfolio is split into 53.4% office, 33% industrial and 13.5% retail. Approximately 60% of value is generated in South Africa, with the remaining 40% coming from England and Wales.

  • Today, Texton shares are available to buy on the JSE, where the group has a market cap of R3 billion.

Texton Shares Growth Driver

  • Texton has undergone a restructuring process of late, recruiting a skilled and experienced team of professionals, overhauling systems and processes, improving operational efficiency and reducing its risk profile.

  • The group had an aggressive year of growth in 2016, growing its portfolio value by 39.3%. A total of six new properties were acquired during the year, including four in the United Kingdom (two retail and two industrial assets) and two in South Africa (one retail and one industrial). The decision to buy a 50% stake in Broad Street Mall in Reading, England, made this the group’s largest purchase to date, with a price of R640 million. Despite the uncertainty surrounding the impacts of Brexit, Texton has said that there shouldn’t be a negative impact on the group’s tenant base.

  • Identifying that the office sector in South Africa is facing significant headwinds, Texton has embarked on a strategy to reduce exposure to this sector. In line with this strategy, the group sold Vodacom Park and Perseus Park, properties which had been continually weighing on Texton’s performance.

  • Texton’s 2016 financial data was strong, with net property income increasing by 41% to R400 million, and operating profit increasing from R272 million to R357 million. Due to increased finance costs associated with the new acquisitions, net profit decreased from R351 million to R323 million, but shareholders still received a 10% increase in dividends.

Texton Group Investor Tip

  • Property markets in both South Africa and the UK look unstable due to political and economic uncertainty in both countries, which has driven down Texton share price. The group has responded well by restructuring and streamlining its portfolio, selling
    underperforming assets and making moves to buy value-enhancing properties. Texton’s financial fundamentals look strong, as does its current portfolio, which could see Texton share price starting to recover on the live online JSE stocks chart. Despite this, Texton shares should only be considered a potential buy for investors who have safer investments in other listed property stocks.

Texton Major Shareholders

Business Venture Investments, Luna Group, Nedbank Group, Coronation Fund Managers, Stanlib Asset Management.

  • Sector

    Real Estate

  • Industry

    Real Estate
  • Sub industry

    Real Estate

How to buy Texton Group Shares

  • Texton : How to buy Texton Group Shares Online

    We have made it simple to buy JSE listed firm shares online. The easiest way to buy Texton shares or stocks is to; start by submitting the ‘BUY THIS SHARE’ form. Next, one of our experienced and certified stock brokers will personally get in contact with you to discuss your custom stock request. Finally, a stock advisor will confirm the amount of shares you are looking to invest in Texton Holdings and assist you with the setup and management of your stock portfolio account.

  • Here are the steps you must follow to Buy / Texton Group shares with utmost confidence:

    1. Start by Filling in the BUY THIS SHARE form.
    2. Insert your name, email, telephone number and monthly remuneration.
    3. Then, Indicate the amount you are looking to invest in Texton.
    4. Click the “ INVEST NOW” button
    5. Once we have received your info, a dedicated stock advisor will personally call you back to discuss your personal share request.
    6. Lastly, your newly appointed personal stock advisor will handle all account setups and reporting as stipulated by the financial services board of South Africa (FSB)
  • Buy Shares with Confidence

    Buying JSE shares has never been this convenient and easy. #myfirstshare

    View more JSE shares for sale – here.

<a href="https://www.sashares.co.za/textron-shares">Credits: SA Shares™</a>
<iframe class="stock_frame" width="100%" height="1200px" src="https://www.profiledata.co.za/brokersites/SAShares/Summary.aspx?c=TEX"></iframe>